Butterscotch Infinity Scarf by The Stitchin’ Mommy | Pattern Review
I had so much fun learning a new stitch – the herringbone double crochet – with this easy crochet infinity scarf pattern!
Check out the difference between herringbone double crochet (left) and regular double crochet (right) in the pic below!
Butterscotch Infinity Scarf Pattern and Materials Info
This pattern was designed using 2 skeins of Lion Brand Heartland yarn, which is actually one of my favorite yarns because the color choices are beautiful and the sheen is AH-MAZE-ING, but the herringbone double crochet is such a thin stitch, the project seemed to take forever to finish.
Things I Love About This Pattern
- I learned a new stitch.
- The scarf didn’t look like boring old double crochet rows.
- The Heartland yarn choice for this pattern design gave it a beautiful drape.
- There is a shorter cowl version of this pattern featuring buttons that can be found HERE.
Things I Didn’t Love About This Pattern
- The website with the free pattern has an icon for being able to buy the PDF version of this pattern, which seemed to be a dead link.
- This project took longer to finish that I anticipated and almost ended up living with my other abandoned wips!
Tips For Beginners
- Be patient, you will finish this project and if you will love it too <3
- Check out the video from Sarah-Jayne of Bella Coco Crochet below for a visual tutorial of how to crochet the herringbone double crochet
Now it’s your turn! Grab your supplies and get started! Be sure to drop by and let me know how much you loved creating this project! XOXO, Jules
Get Social With Me
Get Social With The Stitchin’ Mommy